The Met Office has warned drivers to stay put unless their journeys are necessary today.
Heavy rainfall overnight and forecast for the rest of the day have made driving conditions extremely dangerous, with standing water causing hazards along with low visibility caused by heavy rainfall and spray from the roads.
The Met Office predicts the following issues over the next 24 hours.
- Homes and businesses could be flooded, causing damage to some buildings
- Fast flowing or deep floodwater is possible, causing a danger to life and some communities may be cut off by flooded roads
- Delays or cancellations to train and bus services are possible
- Spray and flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures
- Possible power cuts and loss of other services to some homes and businesses
Email your weather-related stories to email@example.com