Between 00.00 and 04.00 on Monday 3rd August, damage was caused to two vans whilst parked on Fraser Road and Wesley Road in Kings Worthy. No entry was gained and nothing is believed to have been stolen.
The Police are appealing for any witnesses. If you saw or heard anyone acting suspiciously in the area, please phone 101.
The following is crime prevention and reduction advice for van drivers, as well as tactics that will assist police and partners to reduce this type of vehicle crime:
- Park your vehicle in a secure area (in a garage or behind locked gates, if possible).
- If you can’t, park in a well-lit street in easy view of your own or neighbours’ houses.
- Where possible, remove valuable items from the vehicle overnight and store them in a secure place.
- Do not leave tools or equipment on view inside the vehicle.
- Consider fitting an appropriate alarm system, protecting the cabin and load areas.
- Apply a security marking product to power tools and equipment (further details available on request). Alternatively, etch or emboss identifiable marks to these items.
- Consider installing secure storage containers or lockers in the van to store tools in.
- Ensure that the van doors are securely lockable and consider having suitable deadlocks installed.
- Make sure to physically check that the van doors and windows are locked if you have used the remote to lock the vehicle, even if the feedback indicates the van as locked.
- When visiting businesses, try to park close to the entrance and preferably in the view of CCTV.
- Log your property for free at https://www.immobilise.com/