We have seen a recent increase in the number of reported thefts from parked vehicles in the Andover area. In most cases, opportunistic thieves are spotting valuable items inside of parked vehicles. Please remember to remove all items of value from your vehicle when you are parking it. Do not leave anything of value in your vehicle.
Please follow our advice:
- When leaving your car, close all windows and lock your car.
- Upon locking your vehicle try your car door to ensure it is actually locked.
- Park your car in an attended car park.
- Look for public car parks approved by the Park Mark scheme.
- When parking at home, use your garage. If you don’t have a garage, park in a well-lit area.
- Don’t leave anything on display in your vehicle.
- Take all your personal possessions with you.
- Remove sat nav holders and visible sat nav ring marks from windscreens.
- Fit an alarm or immobiliser to your car.
- Record the details of your property on the Immobilise website
- Do not store your car’s documents in the car.
- Secure your wheels using locking wheel nuts.