The nation’s favourite pet show is gearing up to open its doors at ExCeL London on 9-10 May. With hundreds of different animals, amazing animal action displays and fun and informative talks and demonstrations, here are the top 10 reasons to visit the London Pet Show sponsored by Gocompare.com.
1) Visit the show’s dedicated zones where, within each area, you can learn about each type of pet, meet a whole host of different breeds and receive essential advice from the experts. From the cute and cuddly to the weird and wonderful, you can discover everything you need to know about dogs, cats, rabbits, chinchillas, micro pigs, ponies, parrots, miniature horses, hamsters, fish, geckos, and lots more!
2) Meet animal experts and celebrities including reptile expert Crocodile Joe and Channel 4’s Supervet Noel Fitzpatrick, who will present his wonderful SuperVet Live show in the Super Theatre, revealing the latest advances in the veterinary profession and recounting heart-warming success stories. After each show, Noel will be available for signings, photo opportunities and to answer any questions.
3) Head to the Nerf Dog Activity Ring to watch amazing agility, training and obedience displays as well as Dog Dancing, duck herding by expert trainer Richard Curtis and heats of the legendary Scruffts competition.
4) Join Hill’s School for Dogs, a brand new feature for 2015, where even the most disobedient dog can become head pupil! With an entertaining and educational programme, you can learn all about how to train your dog and find the right diet to support a healthy and happy lifestyle. From learning some of the basic commands to seeing some of the most entertaining dogs perform (including winners from SuperDogs Live 2014), Hill’s School for Dogs is one feature not to be missed.
5) Take a seat at the Zoflora Super Theatre, which will once again play host to an action-packed programme of events including the exciting SuperDogs Live competition and Supervet Live with Channel 4’s Noel Fitzpatrick, as well as displays from incredible animals, from parrots to performing dogs.
6) Don’t miss the bouncing bunnies, with the Rabbit Show Jumping. As one of the most popular attractions at the London Pet Show, this feature is exclusive to the show and can’t be seen at any other event in the UK.
7) Enter your feline friend in to the GCCF Top Cats competition. Top Cats is an exciting cat show open to members of the public. Both pedigree and household cats will be able to enter this brand new feature, competing for certificates and rosettes in categories including Best of Colour, Best in Show, Friendliest Cat, Most Handsome Male, and as the finale, Best Household Pet.
8) If you’ve got a passion for the weird and wonderful, head to the Exo Terra Reptile Area and Fluval Aquatics experience. The Reptile Area will showcase a plethora of reptiles, bugs, spiders and many exotic creatures including tree lizards, water dragons, giant turtles and a range of chameleons as well as bearded dragons, Spinney Tailed Lizards, a Chuckwalla Lizard and Leopard Geckos, while the Aquatics Area will feature beautiful fish and aquatic set ups, with a wide array of colourful and eye catching fish housed in beautiful aquarium surroundings.
9) Meet some real life pony friends at The Pony Club Stables and watch demonstrations on tacking up, grooming and different riding styles throughout the show weekend. Riders can also learn how to use the equipment and tools involved in caring for their steeds as well as mounting, dismounting and maintaining balance on The Pony Club’s special mechanical horse.
10) Shop ‘til you drop at the Market Place, where you can find a range of treats, toys, food, clothes, gifts and souvenirs available to buy throughout the weekend.
As well as providing a fantastic day out, the London Pet Show promotes responsible pet ownership and animal welfare with charity partners including The Rabbit Welfare Association, Cats Protection and many more.
For more information about the London Pet Show visit www.londonpetshow.co.uk