Andover and the surrounding villages is set to be hit by freezing conditions next week.
The Met Office’s published forecast temperatures, say that temperatures will drop to freezing, but with a freezing wind, it will feel much colder, making it feel like a chilly -3 ° on Tuesday 12th January 2016.
The NHS recommend these tips to keep you, your family and those around you warm and well in extremely cold weather:
- Draw your curtains at dusk and keep your doors closed to block out draughts.
- Have regular hot drinks and eat at least one hot meal a day if possible. Eating regularly helps keep energy levels up during winter.
- Wear several light layers of warm clothes (rather than one chunky layer).
- Keep as active in your home as possible.
- Wrap up warm and wear shoes with a good grip if you need to go outside on cold days.
- If you have reduced mobility, are 65 or over, or have a health condition such as heart or lung disease, you should heat your home to at least 18C. It’s a good idea to keep your bedroom at this temperature all night if you can and make sure you wear enough clothes to stay warm. During the day, you may prefer your living room to be slightly warmer
- If you’re under 65 and healthy and active, you can safely have your house cooler than 18C, if you’re comfortable.