Saturday 15th June saw many of Andover’s community-minded businesses come together to celebrate the launch of the Pride of Andover Awards 2019.
A private event held at the Guildhall in Andover town centre, the launch event marks the start of the 13th year of celebrating the town’s otherwise unsung heroes; seeing the Awards’ sponsors gather together to network whilst learning more about this year’s processes.
With an incredible 10 awards categories available, supported by 11 generous local businesses, including the highly regarded Spirit of Andover Award.
The categories and sponsors for The Pride of Andover Awards 2019 are:
· Spirit of Andover Award – David Mellor Family Jewellers
· Heart of Gold Award – New Street Dental Care
· Sue Sheppard Award – The Commercial Centre
· Services Award – Ocado
· Community Champion Award – The Breeze
· Young Person of the Year Award – Bear Behind Ltd & The Carpet Cleaning Lady
· Inspiring Others Award – Aspire Defence
· Sports Award – Andover Leisure Centre – Places Leisure
· Arts Award – The Rock House
· Fundraiser Award – Andover Vision
Chairman of the Pride of Andover Awards committee, Karen Hamilton, commented of this year’s Pride of Andover Awards:
“2019 marks the 13th year of the Pride of Andover Awards. The generosity our sponsors have shown us during this milestone year has been truly incredible; without the support of our sponsors, we wouldn’t be able to celebrate our town’s unsung heroes.”
Nominations for the Pride of Andover Awards 2019 will open on the Awards’ website on 1st July, closing at midnight on 31st August.
The Pride of Andover Awards exists to shed light on the town’s unsung heroes – endorsing the inspiring and often selfless actions of Andover’s most generous individuals; promoting a sense of pride in our unique north Hampshire town.