Police have issued advice to Andover residents following a spate of thefts from vans in the Andover area.
Tools within the vans have been stolen, police say.
Police advised that van owners remove tools from the van, although inconvenient.
The following steps have been issued by police following the incidents.
- Close all windows and ensure your vehicle is locked to avoid opportunist thefts.
- Take all personal possessions with you and do not leave items on display.
- Fit an alarm or immobiliser to your vehicle.
- Consider fitting a tool safe with a good quality lock.
- Try to park your vehicle near a building or hedge to restrict access.
- Mark tools that are stored in your vehicle with the name of your company, postcode, house/building number or name. Items that are marked are less desirable and more difficult to sell on.
- Consider registering tools on the free site www.immobilise.com
If you see anything suspicious, contact Police on 101.
If you witness a crime in progress, or you believe a crime is about to happen, call 999.