Police in Andover is looking for a man who demanded money from a vulnerable victim in Defence Way, Picket Twenty, claiming he was from TV Licensing.
The incident took place around 7.30pm on Saturday, Feb 1. The victim handed over £145.50 after the suspect stated that his TV would be removed from the property if he didn’t pay immediately. The suspect then drove off in a white van.
The suspect is described as:
- Aged between 30-35.
- 5ft 8ins and of medium build.
- Dark short hair and clean shaven.
- Wearing black trousers, a black jacket, white shirt with a blue tie and black work boots.
- He had an ID card clipped to his jacket which had a logo on it.
- He spoke with a foreign accent, possible Ukrainian.
- He drove a white van.
If you remember seeing this person or have any information relating to the incident please call WPC Baron on 101 or by going to the website. You can also contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 where information can be left anonymously.
Hampshire Constabulary would like to remind residents that legitimate callers from any utility company will be happy to show you their ID card and for people to call their employer to check the callers identity.