Police are appealing for witnesses after money and electrical items were stolen during a burglary in Andover.
Between 10.30am and 5.30pm on Wednesday, September 28, someone entered a house on Galahad Close through the front door and carried out an untidy search in all rooms in the property.
A small amount of cash and small electrical items, including two Samsung laptops, were taken.
Officers would like to hear from any witnesses who may have been in the area at this time, or saw anyone acting suspiciously.
PC David Cook said: “This offence occurred in a busy estate during the daytime. If anyone saw anything suspicious we urge them to get in touch with us.
“We would also like to remind residents to keep doors and windows locked and to store valuables out of sight if possible.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Cook on 101, quoting 44160367493, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Hampshire Police would like to encourage members of the public to read the following crime prevention advice:
• Lock all windows and doors, remembering to double lock UPVC doors (lift handle and turn key).
• Keep all keys out of reach and sight from the letterbox (remember a device could be used to hook keys through letterbox).
• Consider fitting security lighting and a burglar alarm.
• Make use of timer switches to make the property appear occupied.
• Get a trusted neighbour to keep an eye on your property.
• Consider joining or forming a Neighbourhood Watch scheme.
• Remove valuables from view of ground floor windows.
• Store any high value items (i.e. jewellery, passports) in a properly secured safe or bank vault.