To help several rural communities in Hampshire and Wiltshire, the Post Office is proposing a Post Office mobile van services.
The Mobile Service is a travelling Post Office aboard a specifically designed vehicle that brings Post Office services and retail products to communities without relying on fixed premises.
Jim Clarke, Postmaster for Barton Stacey Post Office is willing to offer Post Office services to Bulford Barracks, Dummer, Figheldean, Grateley, Micheldever, Nether Wallop and Thruxton.
Since the closure of Post Offices in these communities we have continued to work to identify a solution to restore services to the local communities. We are therefore planning to introduce a Mobile service, which is a tried and tested way of maintaining service to smaller communities.
Regional Network Manager, Sue Whittall, said: “The Post Office services in these communities have been temporarily closed for some time. Since the branches closed we’ve continued to look at options to enable us to restore local access to Post Office services. The establishment of Mobile services presents the best possible solution to restore Post Office services to these communities.”
To accommodate the proposed new Mobile services we are proposing to change the current hosted outreach service at Shipton Bellinger. Currently the Postmaster for Barton Stacey operates a hosted outreach service at 43 Parkhouse Road, Shipton Bellinger, SP9 7TL at set times each week: Tuesday and Wednesday: 10am – 2pm; Thursday: 12am – 4pm.
The proposed times for the various mobile Post Office van stops are:
• Bulford Barracks, outside shops on Horne Road, Bulford Camp, Salisbury, SP4 9AE. Open Monday & Tuesday: 1.45 – 3.45pm and Thursday: 1.45 – 2.45pm.
• Dummer, Village Hall, Up Street, Dummer, Basingstoke, RG25 2AJ. Open Wednesday: 10.45 – 11.45am.
• Figheldean, Working Mens Club, High Street, Figheldean, SP4 8JT. Open Monday: 4 – 5pm.
• Grateley, The Plough Inn Pub, Grateley, Andover, SP11 8JT. Open Wednesday: 12 – 2pm.
• Micheldever, Duke Street car parking, Micheldever, Winchester, SO21 3DB. Open Wednesday: 9.30- 10.30pm.
• Nether Wallop, The Green, Five Bells Road, Nether Wallop, Stockbridge, SO20 8HA. Open Tuesday: 4 – 5pm.
• Thruxton, Thruxton War Memorial Hall, Stanbury Road, Thruxton, Andover, SP11 8LZ. Open Wednesday: 2.45 – 3.45pm; Thursday: 3 – 4pm.
The Post Office is now inviting customers and interested parties to give their comments on the plans in a six-week public consultation.
During the public consultation, Post Office Ltd welcomes feedback on any issues customers would like considered before a final decision is taken on this proposal. The consultation will close on 23 August 2016. Submissions can be made during the consultation by Freepost YOUR COMMENTS to Post Office Ltd, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, via the Customer Helpline on 03457 22 33 44 or Textphone 03457 22 33 55.
You can share your views on the proposed move through our easy and convenient new online questionnaire via postofficeviews.co.uk. When entering the site you will be asked to enter the code for these services: Shipton Bellinger – 271471, Bulford Barracks – 251542, Dummer – 153470, Figheldean 183542, Grateley – 328546, Micheldever 231337, Nether Wallop – 328546, Thruxton – 324542.