andover motoring news | drivers warned to update licences

andover motoring news | drivers warned to update licencesMotorists are being warned they could face hefty penalties for driving with the wrong information on their driving licences.

If you have moved house or got married since you originally applied, you need to change the details on your licence. Addresses must be up to date and women could face a fine if they have taken their husband’s name upon marriage but still hold a licence in their maiden name.

Motorists are also being reminded that photographs on photocard licences should be renewed every 10 years with an up to date photograph. It costs £20 to renew a photocard.

Failing to inform the DVLA could result in a £1,000 fine under Section 99 of the Road Traffic Act 1988.

When to inform the DVLA

Any change of address, permanent or temporary.

A change of name after marriage.

If you have any medical conditions that may affect your driving, including eye problems, diabetes, epilepsy, a stroke, Parkinson’s, and heart disease.

Polly has almost 20 years in the media industry. As Editor of Andover and Villages, she strives to bring the latest and greatest news with a minutes notice. Polly can be contacted via or alternatively called at