The Bourne Valley Inn is nestled perfectly in the valley of St Mary Bourne, providing a warm and welcoming space to enjoy a quiet drink or an amazing food experience.
Head Chef, Ryan Stacey, shows us how to prepare Rainbow Trout – the Bourne Valley In way!
One Rainbow Trout – If you can get the fishmonger to fillet the fish and take out the fine pin bones as this will make your life a lot easier.
Four New Potatoes (pre-cooked)
Purple sprouting broccoli
1. Take a non-stick frying pan and place it on the heat and wait for the pan to get hot pour in a little oil (rapeseed oil is recommended)
2. Season the trout with a small amount of sea salt and place in the pan skin side down, cook the fish skin side down, 90% of the cooking should be done on the skin side.
Then add a knob of butter and a squeeze of lemon juice onto the fish and turn over, remove the pan from the heat and leave to sit on the side
3. Blanch the broccoli in a pan of boiling salted water for about 30 seconds and then remove and drizzle with olive oil and grill on a char grill, just to get the bbq flavour into the broccoli then remove from the heat.
4. Sauté the sliced new potatoes in a little foaming butter until golden brown.
5. Remove the fish from the pan and then add the capers and chopped parsley in to the remaining butter and juices.
6. Plate up however you like and most importantly – enjoy!