There has been a fire in the John Russell Fox in Andover’s High Street today.

The fire started in the kitchen and involved a freezer.

Hampshire Fire and Rescue sent four fire engines to attend the fire, one each from Andover, Whitchurch, Winchester and Basingstoke stations.

Wetherspoon staff evacuated customers calmly and professionally.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus and using tactical ventilation extinguished the fire quickly before it could spread from the kitchen.

No one was hurt in the incident.

 

 

Polly has almost 20 years in the media industry. As Editor of Andover and Villages, she strives to bring the latest and greatest news with a minutes notice. Polly can be contacted via editor@andoverandvillages.co.uk or alternatively called at