Police are issuing a reminder to vehicle owners around Highclere to keep their vehicles locked overnight.
It’s following a series of thefts overnight between Monday and Sunday (December 7-8) from vehicles, many of which were left unlocked.
There were three around Highclere in the Mount Road, Pantings Lane and Tubbs Lane areas and one in East End.
Most of the vehicles were parked on the owners’ properties and items including a pair of Le Chameau Wellington boots, a gift card and coins were stolen.
Officers believe other vehicles may have been broken into during this time and would like to hear from any other victims.
They would also like to hear from anyone who saw or heard anything suspicious in the area at the time.
Help prevent crime by following these points:
- When leaving your car, close all windows and lock your car.
- Upon locking your vehicle try your car door to ensure it is actually locked.
- When parking at home, use your garage.
- If you don’t have a garage, park in a well-lit area.
- Don’t leave anything on display in your vehicle.
- Take all your personal possessions with you.
- Remove sat nav holders and visible sat nav ring marks from windscreens.
- Leave the glove box open to show there’s nothing inside.
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Richard Baldwin at Whitchurch police station on 101 or the anonymous Crimestoppers charity 0800 555 111.