Dog Poisoned in Tidworth - Do you Know Anything?Police are appealing for information following an incident in which a dog died after consuming a toxic substance.

The incident is believed to have happened on Thursday 14th January 2015 in the Zouch estate, Tidworth.

Jack, a two-and-a-half year-old German Shepherd, was poisoned by a toxic substance and as a result, had to be put to sleep on Monday 19th January 2015.

Jack’s owner said: “Jack was a loving family pet, a big strong handsome lad. Sometimes he could be a bit of a handful and boisterous but he was just being a typical young Shepherd and would have matu

red into a fantastic dog. “Both my wife and I have owned dogs most of our adult lives and inevitability we’ve had to make tough decisions in the past but this time was different: in the space of 72 hours he deteriorated dreadfully, he was a shadow of his former self, the spark had gone and he was in obvious distress.

“The final decision was made in conjunction with the vets who had fought with him but sadly we had to have him put to sleep, we stayed with him to the end and it was heart breaking to see what was a young fit and healthy dog a couple of days ago in such a state. He will be sadly missed by all who knew him.”

PCSO Maria Downham added: “Although we are not clear on the circumstances surrounding this dog’s death, we do believe that it is a suspicious incident and somebody out there could have some information that may help us in our investigation.”

Police are appealing for anyone who may have any information in relation to this incident to contact them. Call PCSO Maria Downham at Tidworth police station on 101. Alternatively call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 where information can be left anonymously if preferred.

Polly has almost 20 years in the media industry. As Editor of Andover and Villages, she strives to bring the latest and greatest news with a minutes notice. Polly can be contacted via or alternatively called at