*File picture

Andover Nursing Home caused concern last night when residents observed three fire engines and ambulances outside of the premises.

The cause of the situation was a broken lift which had caused smoke to spread in the building.

Andover Nursing Home Estates Manager Hamish Mathews said, “There was a problem with a lift which meant there was smoke in the building, because of our vulnerable residents 3 appliances and an ambulance attended as standard.

“Everything was swiftly made safe and all residents and staff are fine. Thank you for everyone’s concern”

Warren provides the highest quality of content for Andover and Villages, as quickly as possible.